Sunday, May 8, 2016

The work I attempt cracks me up

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

So I rented the floor sander to do these floors
Here I go, never doing it before. But I sure watched 3 weeks of videos. And I have done floor buffing before so I think I can do this.


This is the living room.

Here it is after I was halfway done.




I plan to use a couple dark stains mixed together. I'm hoping for a nice finish and hope I did a good enough sanding.


But before I stain I want to do my walls, but wait, what's that up there under the drop ceiling?


Here I go, ripping down that T Bar drop ceiling. What a mess!!!
Oh yes there are a few problems up there but nothing I am worried about. Keep on ripping it out Jen. You got this girl. Yes you are Superwoman!


What a mess it makes. Be sure you have a mask on and a shop vac handy!

Nothing a day can't do when you set your mind to it. And I didn't hurt myself once.
And yes, that is my brand new Werner fiberglass ladder. Bought it just for my new home. I love Werner ladders. There are hooks and holes all over it for your tools.


TADA, here is my new old beadboard ceiling. It's going to be beautiful. I'll be putting a long 2" x 6" stained board along left to right where it's open. (click here to see what I hope it turns out like) Going to fill in the other smaller openings with bead board. Then a chandelier. 
Tomorrow I scrap the wall, put in some putty and sand down where all the t bar hardware was. THEN PAINT!!!

To be continued...
xxoo


2 comments:

  1. Wow a bead board ceiling, that's cool! You 've got your work cut out for you, but I know that it will be gorgeous when finished! What color stain did you decide on? Can't wait to see it finished!💟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is pretty when I'm done, Lex. As pretty as what is in my mind. The colors stain I am going to use are mixed together Jacobean and Ebony. It's very dark and rich. Thanks for your comment! <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! It means so much to me. Thank you and I look forward to reading and replying to each and every one of them. Ciao!