Sunday, May 1, 2016

It's like the song by Barenaked Ladies, "It's been 1 week"...


My new old home.

It's been 1 week since I bought you. And my mind has run away with me.
It's been 5 days since I looked at you. But I can't get you out of my mind.
It's been 4 days since I slept real well. The dreams keep me up at night!

LOL

This is why....


The floors need serious lovin'! And I mean serious! See the place had been rented out for a long time to college kids and, well, I don't think they really did much with them other than use and abuse.

Then when the college kids moved out and owners wanted to sell it, it just sat for over a year!

And as many of you know, I am a shabby chic kind of gal. Almost all of my furniture is white.

My walls for the most part are going to be Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan. You can see in the picture how pretty it is with white.


Isn't it lovely? The picture belongs to Becca at Adventures in decorating. I love her style and the color was just what my brain was thinking of. And I do think it will be lovely in my new old home.

I also think it will go beautifully with darker wood floors. And with my love also of Jeanne d' Arc style, the darker floors will help me with achieving that look. Take a peek at some of my faves:

(If any of these pictures are yours, I tried hard to find the original post to give you the credit. I take no credit at all for these pictures, as I found them on Pinterest) so without further ado, here are my faves:

antiqbr.blogspot (loooove it!)

tarahlowry.blogspot (love it)


Me & Alice (love it)



and again, mine...

Soo.... won't you show me yours??? Remember, my walls will be Manchester Tan and my furniture shades of white and floors a bit darker than what they are presently. 

As soon as I get back from training and get my walls painted, I'll be sanding and finishing them. So seeing some of yours might help me with my final decision on color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! It means so much to me. Thank you and I look forward to reading and replying to each and every one of them. Ciao!